- It gives us great pleasure to invite you to attend the World Conference on Acoustic Emission-2019 (WCAE-2019) which is sponsored by International Society on Acoustic Emission (ISAE) and organized by the Chinese Society for Non-destructive Testing (ChSNDT) and China Special Equipment Inspection and Research Institute (CSEI).
- This event follows the successful conferences, WCAE-2011 in Beijing, China, WCAE-2013 in Shanghai, China, WCAE-2015 in Hawaii, USA and WCAE-2017 in Xi’an, China. The 1st officers of ISAE were elected during the WCAE-2013, and the 2nd officers of ISAE were elected during the WCAE-2017. The standing office for ISAE has been funded by the Chinese Society for Non-destructive Testing and China Special Equipment Inspection and Research Institute. The web-page of ISAE has been registered as www.TheISAE.org.cn to be the official site, and the World Conference on Acoustic Emission web-page was www.WCAcousticEmission.org.cn. The selection of sites of WCAE-2019 was voted in the business meeting of WCAE-2017 Xi’an. It will be held in November, 2019 in Guangzhou, China.
- ISAE is organized exclusively for the purposes of promoting scientific, technical and educational exchanges worldwide, primarily in the following:
1. Advancing acoustic emission technology through timely exchange of technical information.
2. Defining and promoting standardized terminology in acoustic emission documentation.
3. Organizing informal workshop meetings.
4. Promoting and/or organizing symposia-type technical sessions on acoustic emission.
5. Establishing technical interchange with other groups interested in acoustic emission and its applications.
- Guangzhou or Canton, the capital of Guangdong Province, is the third biggest city in China after Beijing and Shanghai with a population of more than 12 million. The city has been a springboard for trading, cultural exchanges, many revolutions and reforms, making it an unavoidable stopover to understand what shapes the modern China. Located in southern China on the Pearl River about 120 km north-northwest of Hong Kong and 145 km north of Macau, Guangzhou has a history of over 2,200 years and was a major terminus of the maritime Silk Road and continues to serve as a major port and transportation hub today. Guangzhou attracts more than 100 million visitors each year. There are many tourist attractions, including: Canton Tower, Chen Clan Ancestral Hall, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Chime-Long Paradise, Guangdong Provincial Museum, Guangzhou Zoo, etc.
- In November, 2019, the WCAE-2019 will be held in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. As the organizers for this great event and on behalf of the sponsors, we would like to extend our warm welcome to invite everyone who cares about AE to the WCAE-2019 Guangzhou. We shall do our best to offer opportunities for networking, making new friends, and enjoying the beauty of Guangzhou.
- We are looking forward to meeting you in November, 2019 in Guangzhou, China.
Gongtian Shen Gary Qi Chair of WCAE 2019 President of ISAE Honorary President of ISAE Professor of University of Memphis President of ChSNDT